What is the Precept IT Help Desk and why is it important to your company?
The key to technology helping a company is keeping IT functions available and operational for use as much as possible. It is not possible to have 100% operational up time, so what is the best way to handle the times when they are not working?
What is the Precept IT Help Desk and how is it implemented?
Our Help Desk is based in our Belfast head office and is a resource designed for IT users to contact when they are having problems with their IT services.
Our service institutes a multi-tiered trouble shooting approach by having personnel with extensive technical knowledge available.
What standards are implemented by the Precept IT Help Desk?
We use the most strategic method of implementing a Help Desk and follow Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) best practices.
- Single point of contact (SPOC) for IT interruptions
- Computer or Software consultations
- Tracking capabilities of all incoming problems
- Problem escalation procedures
- Problem resolution
Implementation of best practices for Help Desk services is outlined in the Service Management best practices section of ITIL version 3.
- Knowledge Management – a system that improves operational efficiencies by reducing the time spent to rediscover previous incidents or problems.
- Problem Management – a system that gathers information during incident management to help spot problems. This system will identify the root cause of frequent recurring incidents by capturing information in a knowledge base.
- Access Management – keepers of the user accounts along with password resets. Single ownership by the Help Desk will ensure quicker response time for end users with user or password problems.
- Service Catalog – a published service catalog, ideally with pricing information included and with detailed service descriptions.
The Precept IT Help Desk will assist in enabling you to achieve your strategic goals.
Our goal is to get you operational as quickly as possible.