The Precept IT helpdesk team took part in a team building afternoon clay pigeon shooting session on Saturday 9th December 2017.
The event took place at Hollow Farm Shooting Grounds in Newtownards Co Down. It was a great afternoon’s entertainment.
The top three scores were from
- 1st – Keith
- 2nd – Graeme
- 3rd – Ben
Overall – any organisation should consider this type of team event.
1. Getting away from the workplace is the first stage of a successful team building experience. Taking staff out of Belfast and into the Northern Ireland countryside for clay pigeon shooting sets the stage for the day and takes everyone away from their usual roles and behaviours within day to day working life.
2. Clay pigeon shooting is a great leveller – unlike some team day activities anyone and everyone can do this. Fitness and mobility are not an issue here; all participants have a sense of equality within this fully inclusive activity.
3. Being outside is great! Too much of our modern life is spent indoors and being in the fresh air surrounded by beautiful scenery and cooperating with colleagues in a positive environment really gets the endorphins flowing.
4. Clay pigeon shooting is a team activity. Throughout the day you will be working on communication, trust, procedures, goal setting and targets in both a literal and metaphorical sense. Your group will be aiming towards a greater sense of cooperation and the pathway to success under the guise of a fun competition in the great outdoors.
5. Clay pigeon shooting is an effective team building activity which fosters team spirit and boosts camaraderie amongst colleagues.
6. This activity can be tailored to suit any number of participants and businesses large and small. It is an investment in the most important asset to your business – your staff.